The Albizia julibrissin 'Ombrella,' also known as the Persian Silk Tree, is a particularly exotic appearance.
The leaf consists of 2 strips with doubly pinnate leaves, to which hundreds of small leaflets are attached, folding towards each other at night. This characteristic gives this species the name Sleep Tree.
At a young age, this species blooms abundantly with beautiful, fluffy, pink flowers. The flowering period is July-August. The sweet-scented flowers serve as a good source of nectar for bees and butterflies.
The crown shape of this species is relatively broad and parasol-shaped in later years.
Winter Hardiness and Location
Especially at a young age, the species is moderately winter-hardy and requires a sheltered location.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis?
- Easy to plant yourself due to its compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy package
- Experience the growth and development of your tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attains an adult size within a short period
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in a pot
- No root loss and better chances of successful establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Be sure to read our tree maintenance page! Of course, you can also contact us. We're here to help!