The Davidia involucrata, also known as the Handkerchief Tree or Dove Tree, is a deciduous, medium-sized tree. This tree is also commonly planted as a shrub.
The Davidia involucrata is a slow-growing tree.
The tree can reach a maximum height of 10 to 15 meters. In most cases, in the European climate, this tree will achieve a more limited height of 6-10 meters.
The branches are green in their young stage and change to yellow-brown as they age.
Leaf Shape and Leaf Color
The leaf is heart-shaped with a fresh dark green color and is approximately 10 cm in size.
When the tree is about 10 years old, it blooms in spring with yellow-green flowers, alongside which the large white bracts appear, making the Handkerchief Tree so well-known.
In the fall, brown fruits appear, which can be up to 3 cm in size.
It thrives well in almost all soil types. It prefers a nutrient-rich soil that retains moisture.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!