The Carpinus Betulus 'Rockhampton Red' is a new development in the tree market. This cultivar is a new variety of the Carpinus betulus.
Leaf Color and Leaf Shape
The most beautiful feature of this cultivar is its overwhelming autumn color. The Carpinus Betulus 'Rockhampton Red' has green, serrated leaves in spring and summer, but in the fall, they change to a beautiful, fiery orange-red.
The Hornbeam has few requirements regarding soil type.
Pruning the Tree
The Hornbeam can be kept in good shape through regular pruning.
The root system of the Carpinus Betulus 'Rockhampton Red' is strong, making this cultivar resistant to strong winds.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!