The Ginkgo biloba, also known as the Japanese Walnut, is a deciduous tree.
The tree has a broad growth habit.
Leaf Shape and Color
The leaf of the Japanese Walnut has a distinctive fan shape and a notched tip. The Ginkgo biloba leaf is bright green and turns to deep golden hues in the fall before falling from the tree.
Fruits and Fragrance
Only in its later years does the female tree bear fruits. These appear simultaneously with the autumn coloring on the tree, and when ripe, they emit a strong fragrance.
The Ginkgo biloba is also a very resilient tree that can tolerate air pollution well and can become very old. The Ginkgo biloba is also known as the survivor tree because it is the only tree species to have survived the nuclear disaster in Hiroshima.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!