The Asimina triloba, also known as Pawpaw, is a relatively unfamiliar fruit tree. It is a slow-growing, small tree or shrub.
The Asimina triloba has long and oval leaves.
The Pawpaw blooms in spring with dark brown/purple flowers on bare branches. If pollination occurs, fruits develop from these flowers.
The fruit is 5 to 15 cm long and has a potato-like shape. The taste of the fruit is somewhat similar to mango/banana.
Despite the exotic appearance of the fruit, they ripen easily in the Netherlands. It can take 5 to 8 years before the Pawpaw bears its first fruits. For fruit setting, the plant requires cross-pollination, which can be achieved by placing a second plant nearby.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!