The Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire,' also known as the Yellow American Oak, is a remarkable and unusual oak.
Most striking about the Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' is its foliage, which changes throughout the season.
In spring, the leaves emerge in a bright yellow, transitioning to yellow to light green in the summer. Then, in the fall, they turn to yellow-orange-red hues before falling from the tree.
When the leaves have fallen from the tree, the brownish-red young branches of the tree stand out.
The Quercus rubra 'Magic Fire' blooms with inconspicuous yellow catkins in the month of May.
After the bloom of the yellow catkins, the well-known fruits, also called acorns, form.
Squirrels and Birds
These acorns serve as an essential food source for various animals such as squirrels and birds.
Maintenance and Location
The tree is easy to maintain and prefers nutrient-rich, well-draining soil.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!