The Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Summer Bells,' also known as the Desert Willow, is a small tree or shrub that can reach a maximum height of 8 meters.
Leaf Form and Leaf Color
Characteristic of this species is the elongated and narrow leaf, which has a matte green color.
The flowering of the Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Summer Bells' is also unique. In June/August, orchid-like pink flowers with a yellow calyx appear on the plant. The flowering lasts about 2 to 3 weeks, and the plant can bloom up to 2 times in a growing season.
Butterflies and Bees
The flowers have a sweet scent, making them a good food source for butterflies and bees.
The Chitalpa tashkentensis 'Summer Bells' is a relatively rare plant that prefers full sun on fertile, well-draining soil. It does not tolerate compaction around the roots.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!