The leaf is green with a blue-green underside.
The Acer rubrum 'October Glory' transforms into a deep dark red in the fall, giving the impression that the tree is ablaze. This autumn coloration persists on the tree for an extended period. This cultivar undergoes fall coloration as one of the last Acer species.
On a calcareous soil, there may be little to no fall coloration.
The Red Maple or Acer rubrum 'October Glory' is a medium-sized tree. It has a beautifully even branching that tapers to a point. The Red Maple can reach a height of 20 meters.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis?
- Easy to plant yourself due to its compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy package
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attains adult size within a short period
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in a pot
- No root loss and better chances of successful establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Be sure to read our tree maintenance page! Of course, you can also contact us. We're here to help!