Characteristic are the green/white leaves with pink edges. Especially the newly sprouted leaves have a very beautiful light pink color. Regular pruning promotes the growth of young shoots.
Size of the Californian Boxelder
The Californian Boxelder, or Acer negundo 'Flamingo,' is a small to medium-sized tree/shrub that can reach a maximum height of about 7 meters. This makes it highly suitable for small gardens. It is also used for bonsai.
The Acer negundo 'Flamingo' has minimal soil requirements and can grow in both moist and slightly dry soil.
Why choose a young tree from Amitis?
- Easy to plant yourself due to its compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy package
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attains adult size within a short period
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in a pot
- No root loss and better chances of successful establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Be sure to read our tree maintenance page! Of course, you can also contact us. We're here to help!