The Aesculus flava 'Vestita,' also known as the Yellow Pavia, is a large tree that is not affected by chestnut blight or chestnut leaf miner. This makes the tree a very interesting cultivar.
Characteristic of the Aesculus flava 'Vestita' is the broad, oval crown with widely spaced branches.
Leaf Color and Leaf Shape
The leaf of the Aesculus flava 'Vestita' is fresh green and consists of 5 to 7 leaf lobes. In spring, the leaf turns yellow-pink before acquiring the fresh green color. In autumn, the leaf changes to yellow-violet before falling off quite early, revealing the Aesculus flava 'Vestita's distinctive winter appearance.
The Yellow Pavia blooms in spring with the distinctive flower clusters of a chestnut, which, in the case of the Aesculus flava 'Vestita,' are yellow with red coloring.
Fruits - Chestnuts
After flowering, the tree produces its characteristic fruits, also known as chestnuts, in the autumn.
The Aesculus flava 'Vestita' thrives in almost any location, from sun to shade, as long as the tree has sufficient moisture. The tree can tolerate pavement and air pollution well, making it an excellent choice for urban areas.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!