The Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' or English Hawthorn is a cultivar of the two-styled hawthorn, with a beautiful red and white inflorescence.
The red and white flowers appear on the tree in the months of May-June.
This species can reach up to 8 meters in height.
Leaf color and leaf shape
The tree has dark green, deeply incised leaves, characteristic of the hawthorn. In the fall, the leaves turn yellow-brown before falling off the tree.
Fruits and birds
After flowering, many red, round fruits appear. These fruits remain on the tree until the first frost and are therefore an important food source for birds.
Bees and butterflies
The flowers of the Crataegus laevigata 'Crimson Cloud' have high value for bees and butterflies.
It thrives well in nutrient-rich, well-draining soil and is also resistant to frost.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!