Growth Habit and Total Height
The Halesia carolina, or Snowdrop Tree, is a broad-spreading tree that can reach a mature height of 8 meters.
The Snowdrop Tree blooms abundantly from April to May with an abundance of white, hanging bells on the still bare branches. This is what gives the species its name, Snowdrop Tree.
Leaf Color and Leaf Shape
After flowering, green leaves appear, which have an oval shape. Simultaneously with the leaves, small green fruits also appear on the plant, which turn brown in the fall.
In the autumn, the leaves of the Halesia carolina also change color to yellow to brown before falling from the tree.
It thrives well in well-draining, nutrient-rich soil (non-calcareous soil) and preferably in a sunny or partially shaded location.
The Halesia carolina is winter-hardy.
Butterflies and Bees
It is an attractive plant for butterflies and bees.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!