The Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis', also known as Winter Flowering Cherry or Winter Cherry, is a remarkable tree due to its unique blooming period.
The Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis' blooms repeatedly from November to March with light pink to white flowers, making it a distinctive tree.
The Winter Flowering Cherry blooms throughout the entire period, except during frost periods. During a frost period, the tree temporarily stops blooming, but the flowering resumes once the frost is over.
Due to the extended blooming period, the flowering is not overwhelmingly all at once but continues throughout the entire blooming season.
The leaves of the Prunus subhirtella 'Autumnalis' emerge green in spring and change to beautiful yellow-orange-red hues in autumn before falling from the tree, marking the beginning of its blooming period.
After the spring blooming period, small black berries may appear on the branches, serving as a good food source for various birds.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!