The Cercis chinensis 'Avondale,' also known as the Chinese Redbud, is a small tree with a fairly upright growth form.
The plant blooms in April-May, before the leaves appear on the tree, with deep pink/purple flowers on bare wood, clustered together. Even at a young age, this cultivar blooms abundantly.
The bare branches create a beautiful winter silhouette.
Leaf Color and Leaf Form
After flowering, the dark green leaves appear, which are heart-shaped and feel firm.
In the fall, the leaves turn yellow before falling from the plant.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!