Relatively New Cultivar
The Cercis canadensis 'Merlot,' also known as the American Redbud, is a relatively new cultivar that is often compared to the more well-known Cercis canadensis ‘Forest Pansy’.
Leaf Color and Flowering with Flowers
However, the leaves are a lighter red than those of the 'Forest Pansy,' and the Cercis canadensis 'Merlot' also blooms more abundantly. The leaves are wine-red in color.
Before the leaves appear on the tree, it blooms profusely on bare wood with pink flowers.
Size of the Tree and Crown
The Cercis canadensis 'Merlot' is a small tree with a beautiful round crown. The maximum height is 3-4 meters.
This cultivar is winter-hardy, but at a young age, it can be susceptible to frost, and it is advisable to protect it from frost.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!