The Styphnolobium japonicum 'Regent' (synonym: Sophora japonica 'Regent') is an American cultivar of the pagoda tree, characterized by a conspicuously straight trunk and a robust growth habit.
Characteristic of the Sophora japonica 'Regent' are the green branches with lightly colored lenticels. These stand out well against the green branch wood.
A peculiar fragrance is released when a branch is broken.
The leaves of the Styphnolobium japonicum 'Regent' are characterized by compound, dark green leaflets that are arranged on a leaf stalk.
The pagoda tree blooms at a young age from June with white-yellowish flowers clustered together.
This American cultivar tolerates pavement well and grows effectively in almost any non-poor soil. Planting in peat soil, however, is not recommended.
Bees and Butterflies
The Styphnolobium japonicum 'Regent' is not very susceptible to diseases and serves as a good nectar tree for bees as well as a host tree for butterflies.
Why Choose a Young Tree from Amitis
- Easy to plant yourself due to the compact size and light weight
- Conveniently delivered to your home in a sturdy packaging
- Experience the growth and development of your own tree
- Easy to maintain
- Cultivate the size and growth form you are looking for
- Attain mature size within a short time
- Can be planted year-round as everything is delivered in pots
- No root loss and better chances of establishment as everything is pot-grown
- Cost-effective purchase
- Fresh, healthy plants directly from the grower
Want to know more about pruning? Read our page on tree maintenance! Feel free to contact us; we are happy to assist!